Terms and Conditions
1. Definitions In these Terms and Conditions:
“Company” means Oakwoods International Limited, Company Registration Number 10794021
Oakwoods Outlet is a trading name of Oakwoods International Limited
“Customer” means the person or company who orders goods from the company “Order” means the order submitted by the customer to the company either online or by telephone. “business day” means a Monday to Friday but excluding any UK public holidays “Contract” means any contract for the sale of goods by the company to the customer “Goods” means any products forming the subject of this contract.
2. The company does not accept orders from non-UK registered addresses.
3. All online orders are delivered to mainland UK addresses only. Please contact us for a quotation for delivery to addresses other than the UK mainland.
Please note that Next Day and Express deliveries may not be available to some postcodes – Please contact us to confirm delivery times.
4. The company charges VAT on all orders at the prevailing rate. The company’s VAT number is 271018922
5. The company’s customers must be over 18 years of age.
6. Before the customer places an order, it is important that the customer checks that the product is suitable for its intended purpose. If customers are unsure then they should contact the company to check the suitability of the goods.
7. When you place your order with Oakwoods Outlet this is an offer to buy the goods
from the company. An order is accepted as a contract once the company has sent an email confirmation of order. This forms a legally binding contract with the company and acceptance of the company’s terms of sale.
8. The total value of the order will be confirmed before any payment is taken from the customer.
9. Deliveries can be made on trucks up to 18 tonne and it is assumed that the delivery address will be accessible. Customers must inform the company of any access issues at the time of placing the order. Delivery of flooring is to kerbside and so the customer must provide labour to move it into the premises.
10. If the customer’s order arrives as arranged but the delivery fails because the goods are refused, nobody is at home or there is inadequate help to unload then the customer will be liable for the additional haulage costs.
11. The goods will not be left without signature by the customer or a responsible adult elected by the customer. The customer becomes responsible for the goods and any subsequent loss or damage of the goods. The customer must take care opening the product so as not to damage the goods with sharp instruments.
12. The customer must inspect all goods for any signs of damage. Any missing goods or damaged goods must be noted on the courier’s paperwork and reported to the company within one business day so that the company can respond quickly. No claims for damage or losses will be met if this is not done.
13. The customer must check that all delivered goods are correct prior to use. Goods sent incorrectly by the company, packaged in original packaging and in good saleable condition will be collected at no cost to the customer.
14. The company accepts no responsibility for any consequential costs to the customer if delivered goods are damaged, incorrect or not delivered on or before the specified delivery date.
15. The company recommends that the customer follows all health and safety guidelines on the packaging and any other instructions relating to the installation of the goods. If the customer is unsure about how to install or use the goods, then they should seek advice from a professional floor fitter or appropriate professional. If the customer needs Instructions or further information from the manufacturer then the customer must request this from the company. The company will not accept responsibility for any claims that are the result of incorrect use or fitting of any goods supplied.
16. Where Buyer has sold, used, or installed Goods, such sale, use, or installation shall be taken as conclusive evidence that Buyer has accepted Goods notwithstanding that there is a defect in the quality or condition of Goods or that they fail to correspond with the specification; in those circumstances, Buyer waives the right to make any claim against Company.
17.Goods are not sold on a trial basis.
18. Goods are sold subject to availability. If any goods on the customer’s order are out of stock or subject to a delay then the company will contact them at the earliest opportunity to advise them on the expected delivery date. The customer may cancel the item from the order for a full refund. The customer may also cancel all other items on the order excluding all items that are made to order products or cut from roll products that are non-refundable.
19. The accuracy of colours viewed on computer monitors and mobile devices cannot be guaranteed so it is recommended to always view a sample of the product before placing an order with the company.
20. Wood flooring is a natural product and no two samples are ever the same. Therefore, due to their size, the samples cannot be considered representative of the full finished floor and are provided for guidance only.
21. All the content on the company’s website including the branding, text and images is the company’s copyright and must not be republished without the prior written consent of the company.
22.The customer can cancel their order and return their goods within fourteen days of the receipt of the goods. This provision does not apply to custom made to order products nor to products cut from a roll nor to trade business to business sales which cannot be returned or refunded. This includes deposits and part payments towards custom made to order goods.
The customer must contact the company in writing within fourteen days and then return the goods to the company’s returns address at the customer’s expense. The customer must appropriately package the goods for their chosen courier and fully insure them against loss or damage in transit as damaged goods will not be refunded by the company.
The goods must be in their original packaging and in saleable condition and factory wrapped goods must be unopened. Refunds to the customer from the company will always be made back to the original card or bank account that the payment was made from.
23. The information on the company’s website is for general information purposes only. This information includes but is not limited to pricing, products, services, images and graphics. The company uses all reasonable efforts to ensure that the information is correct and up to date. The company does not accept liability for any losses incurred by the customer as the result of any action taken by the customer in reliance on any information published on the company’s website or any website that it links to.
24. The company reserves the right to amend information and prices on the company’s website without notice. If the customer lists an incorrect price for a product due to an error, then the company reserves the right to cancel or refuse any orders for this product.
25. The company reserves the right to remove any content posted by a customer that it considers to be inappropriate. Views expressed through posts on the website are not those of the company but only represent the views of the person who made the post. The company will not be held liable for content posted on the website but may exercise its discretion to remove or edit posts.
26. The company reserves the right to decline to service a customer.
27. The company reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time.
28. These terms and conditions form the entire agreement between the customer and the company. Other than these terms and conditions and without affecting the customer’s legal rights, no other statements or representations made by employees of the company or contractors of the company shall have any legal effect.
29. These terms and conditions shall not affect the customer’s statutory rights.
To view a downloadable PDF version of these T&Cs please follow this link.