This is the privacy notice of Oakwoods International ltd. It explains how we process personal data collected through the website https://oakwoodsoutlet.co.ukand the related e-commerce services (collectively, the “website”). In this notice, “we”, “our”, or “us” refer to Oakwoods International ltd. We are registered in the United Kingdom under company number 10794021. Our registered office is at Unit 205, Albyn Works, Burton Road, Sheffield, S3 8BZ
- This is a notice to inform you of our data protection practices. It sets out the conditions under which we process any information that we collect from you through the Website or that you provide to us. It covers information that could identify you (“personal data”) and information that could not(“non-personal data”). In the context of the law and this notice, “process” means collect, store, transfer, disclose, use or otherwise act on information.
- We take seriously the protection of your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that all visitors to our website are entitled to know that their personal data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them, and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party.
- We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us and hope that you reciprocate.
- Our policy complies with UK law accordingly implemented, including that required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- The law requires us to tell you about your rights and our obligations to you in regard to your personal data. We do this now by this notice. If you would like to read more, please visit http://www.knowyourprivacyrights.org/
- Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any information collected through our website.
The basis on which we process information about you
The law requires us to determine under which of six defined bases we process different categories of your personal data and to notify you of the basis for each category.
If the basis on which we process your personal data is no longer relevant then we shall immediately stop processing your personal data.
If the basis changes then if required by law we shall notify you of the change and of any new basis under which we have determined that we can continue to process your information.
You can find information about the bases on which we rely in the section “Personal data that we collect from you”.
Personal data that we collect from you and how we use it
We comply with data minimisation principles. This means that we collect only a minimal amount of personal data that is necessary for your use of the website. We use your personal data for limited, specified and legitimate purposes explicitly mentioned in this notice. In short, we use it only for the purposes of providing you with access to the website, registering your account, processing your payments, delivering your orders, protecting, maintaining and improving the website, conducting research about our business activities, replying to your enquiries, and pursuing our legitimate business interests. Below, you can find an overview of the types of personal data that we collect, the purposes for which we use it, and the legal bases on which we rely when processing it.
- User account. When you register your user account, we collect your name, email address and password. When you update your user account, we collect your address. We use the said information to register and maintain your user account, enable you to order our products, contact you, if necessary, and maintain our business records. The legal bases on which we rely are ‘performing a contract with you’ and ’pursuing our legitimate business interests (i.e., operate, analyse, grow, and administer the website). We will store this data until you delete your user account.
- When you make an order for our products, we collect your first and last names, company name, delivery address, billing address, phone number, and email address. We use this information to process your orders, deliver you your orders, and maintain our business records. The legal bases on which we rely are ‘performing a contract with you’ and ’pursuing our legitimate business interests (i.e., administer our business). We will store this data until you delete your user account unless we need to keep our business records for the time period required by law.
- When you make a payment for your order, our payment processors will ask for your payment information, such as your credit card details, name card, and billing address. We use such information to process your payments and maintain our business records. The legal bases on which we rely are ‘performing a contract with you’ and ’pursuing our legitimate business interests (i.e., administer our business). We will store this data until the time period for which we have to keep our accountancy records expires.
- Email When you contact us by email or by using the contact form available on the website, we collect your name, email address, phone number, and any information that you decide to include in your message. We use such data to respond to your enquiries and provide you with the requested information. The legal bases on which we rely are ‘pursuing our legitimate business interests (i.e., grow and promote our business) and ‘your consent (for optional personal data). We will store this data until you stop communicating with us.
- IP address. When you browse the website, our third-party analytics service providers (as explained in below) may collect your IP address for the purpose of analysing the technical aspects of your use of the website. The lawful basis on which we rely when processing such data is ‘pursuing our legitimate business interests (i.e., maintain and analyse our website). We will store this data as long as analytics records are necessary for our business.
4. Information provided on the understanding that it will be shared with a third party
Our website allows you to post information with a view to that information being read, copied, downloaded, or used by other people.
- posting a message our forum;
- tagging an image; and
- clicking on an icon next to another visitor’s message to convey your agreement, disagreement or thanks.
In posting personal data, it is up to you to satisfy yourself about the privacy level of every person who might use it.
We do not specifically use this information except to allow it to be displayed or shared.
We do store it, and we reserve a right to use it in the future in any way we decide.
Once your information enters the public domain, we have no control over what any individual third party may do with it. We accept no responsibility for their actions at any time.
Provided your request is reasonable and there is no legal basis for us to retain it, then at our discretion, we may agree to your request to delete the personal information that you have posted. You can make a request by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Disclosure to third parties
5.1 When we disclose your personal data.We keep your personal data in strict confidentiality. However, if necessary for the intended purpose of your personal data, we will disclose your personal data to the service providers with whom we cooperate (our data processors). For example, your personal data may be shared with entities that provide technical support services to us, such as hosting, shipping, and email distribution services. We do not sell your personal data to third parties and do not intend to do so in the future. The disclosure of your personal data is limited to the situations when it is required for the following purposes:
- Ensuring the proper operation of the website;
- Ensuring the delivery of products purchased by you;
- Responding to your enquiries;
- Pursuing our legitimate business interests;
- Enforcing our rights, preventing fraud, and security purposes;
- Carrying out our contractual obligations;
- Law enforcement purposes; or
- If you provide your prior consent to such a disclosure.
- Our hosting service provider Cloudways located in Malta and DigitalOcean located in the USA.
- Our analytics service providers Google Analytics located in the USA.
- Our transactional email service provider UK2 located in the UK.
- Our payment service provider Sagepay located in the UK.
- Our shipping service provider DPD Locallocated in the UK.
- Our independent contractors and consultants.
5.3 Data may be processed outside the European Union. Our website is hosted in Frankfurt. We may also use outsourced services in countries outside the European Union from time to time in other aspects of our business. Accordingly, data obtained within the UK or any other country could be processed outside the European Union. For example, some of the software our website uses may have been developed in the United States of America or in India. We use the following safeguards with respect to data transferred outside the European Union:
- The processor is within the same corporate group as our business or organisation and abides by the same binding corporate rules regarding data processing;
- The data protection clauses in our contracts with data processors include transfer clauses written by a data protection authority in the European Union;
- We comply with a code of conduct approved by a supervisory authority in the European Union; or
- We are certified under an approved certification mechanism as provided for in the GDPR.
5.4 Disclosure of non-personal data. Your non-personal data may be disclosed to third parties for any purpose as it does not identify you as a natural person. For example, we may share it with prospects or partners for business or research purposes, for improving the website, responding to lawful requests from public authorities or developing new products and services.
5.5 Legal requests.If requested by a public authority, we will disclose information about the users of the website to the extent necessary for pursuing a public interest objective, such as national security or law enforcement.
5.6 Successors.In case our business is sold partly or fully, we will provide your personal data to a purchaser or successor entity and request the successor to handle your personal data in line with this notice.
- Protection of personal data
We implement technical and organisational information security measures that protect your personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure. The security measures taken by us include secured networks (SSL), strong passwords, limited access to your personal data by our staff, and anonymisation of personal data (when possible).
7. Information relating to your method of payment
Payment information is never taken by us or transferred to us either through our website or otherwise. Our employees and contractors never have access to it. At the point of payment, you are transferred to a secure page on the website of SagePay. That page may be branded to look like a page on our website, but it is not controlled by us.
8. Sending a message to our support team
When you contact us, whether by telephone, through our website or by e-mail, we collect the data you have given to us in order to reply with the information you need. We record your request and our reply in order to increase the efficiency of our business.
We keep personal data associated with your message, such as your name and email address so as to be able to track our communications with you to provide a high-quality service.
When we receive a complaint, we record all the information you have given to us. We use that information to resolve your complaint. If your complaint reasonably requires us to contact some other person, we may decide to give to that other person some of the information contained in your complaint. We do this as infrequently as possible, but it is a matter for our sole discretion as to whether we do give information, and if we do, what that information is.
We may also compile statistics showing information obtained from this source to assess the level of service we provide, but not in a way that could identify you or any other person.
10. Affiliate and business partner information
This is information given to us by you in your capacity as an affiliate of us or as a business partner.
It allows us to recognise visitors that you have referred to us, and to credit to you commission due for such referrals. It also includes information that allows us to transfer commission to you. The information is not used for any other purpose. We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of the information and of the terms of our relationship. We expect any affiliate or partner to agree to reciprocate this policy.
11.1 Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer’s hard drive by your web browser when you visit any website. They allow information gathered on one web page to be stored until it is needed for use on another, allowing a website to provide you with a personalised experience and the website owner with statistics about how you use the website so that it can be improved. Some cookies may last for a defined period of time, such as one day or until you close your browser. Others last indefinitely. Your web browser should allow you to delete any you choose. It also should allow you to prevent or limit their use.
- To track how you use our website;
- To record whether you have seen specific messages we display on our website
- to keep you signed in our website;
- To record your answers to surveys and questionnaires on our website while you complete them; and
- To record the conversation thread during a live chat with our support team
Our necessary cookies:
- __cfduid that is used by the content network, Cloudflare, to identify trusted web traffic.The cookie is provided by co(US) and it expires in 30 days.
- __lc_cid and __lc_cstthat are used for the functionality of the website’s chat-box function.The cookies are provided by livechatinc.com(Ireland)and they expire in 2 years.
- Cookielawinfo-checkbox-advertisement, cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics, cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary, and cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance that are used to determine what categories of cookies you accepting the cookie banner. The cookies are provided by us and they expire in 1 year.
Our preference cookies:
- __lc2_cid and __lc_cst that are used to store a unique ID string for each chat-box session. This allows the website support to see previous issue s and reconnect with the previous supporter. The cookies are provided by livechatinc.com(UK) and they expire in 2 years.
- __livechat that is used to hide your personal customisation of LiveChat. It is provided by alivechatinc.com(Ireland) and it expires in 1 day.
- __oauth_redirect_detectorthat is used to recognise you, in order to optimise the chat-box functionality. It is provided by alivechatinc.com(Ireland) and it expires in 1 day.
Our statistics cookies:
- _ga and _gid that are used to register a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how you use the website. They are provided by us and they expire in 2 years.
- _gat that is used by Google to throttle request rate. It is provided by us and it expires in 1 day.
- _livechat_has_visitedthat is used to identify you across devices and visits, in order to optimise the chat-box function on the website. The cookie is provided by livechatinc.com(UK) and it is a persistent cookie.
Our marketing cookies:
- _fbp that is used by Facebook to deliver a series of advertisement products such as real-time bidding from third-party advertisers. It is provided by us and it expires in 3 months.
- _gcl_authat is used by Google AdSense for experimenting with advertisement efficiency across websites using their services.It is provided by us and it expires in 3 months.
- ads/ga-audiences that is used by Google AdWords to re-engage visitors that are likely to convert to customers based on the visitor’s online behaviour across websites. It is provided by com (US) and it is a session cookie.
- fr and tr that are used by Facebook to deliver a series of advertisement products such as real-time bidding from third-party advertisers. They are provided by Facebook and they expire in 3 months (fr) or upon end of the session (tr).
- page/landing that is used to collect data on visitor behaviour from multiple websites, in order to present more relevant advertisement. It is provided by double-click.net and com(US) and it is a session cookie.
- test_cookiethat is used to check whether your browser supports cookies. It is provided by double-click.net(US) and it expires in 1 day.
11.4 Google Recaptcha. We use ReCaptcha on the website, the service provided by GoogleLLC, to verify whether you are a human being and not a robot. It helps to protect our website against spam and abuse. The reCAPTCHA analysis takes place in the background. When you use ReCaptcha, Google will collect some personal and non-personal data from you, such as:
- All cookies set to your browser by Google in the last 6 months;
- Information about your mouse clicks;
- CSS information;
- Browser language;
- Any plug-in installed in the browser; and
11.5Google Analytics. To analyse your use of the website, we use Google Analytics, the business analytics service provided by Google LLC located in the United States (“Google”). Google generates statistical information by means of cookies and creates reports about your use of the website. The cookies served by Google Analytics are anonymous first-party cookies (please refer to section 3 for more information) that do not allow us to identify you in any manner. The information generated by cookies will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. To ensure your privacy, your IP address will be anonymised and Google will not combine your IP address with other information Google holds about you. Thus, Google will not be able to identify you. In certain cases (e.g., when required by law or when third parties conduct services on behalf of Google), Google may transfer the information to third parties. For more information about Google Analytics’ privacy practices, please visit https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245. If you would like to opt-out from Google Analytics, you can do so by installing a Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
- Personal identifiers and non-personal data from your browsing activity
Requests by your web browser to our servers for web pages and other content on our website are recorded. We record information such as your geographical location, your Internet service provider and your IP address. We also record information about the software you are using to browse our websites, such as the type of computer or device and the screen resolution.
We use this information in aggregate to assess the popularity of the web pages on our website and how we perform in providing content to you.
If combined with other information we know about you from previous visits, the data possibly could be used to identify you personally, even if you are not signed in to our website.
- Our use of re-marketing
- Third party advertising on our website
- Credit reference
To assist in combating fraud, we share information with credit reference agencies, so far as it relates to clients or customers who instruct their credit card issuer to cancel payment to us without having first provided an acceptable reason to us and given us the opportunity to refund their money.
- Access to your own personal data
- At any time you may review or update personal data that we hold about you, by signing in to your account on our website.
- To obtain a copy of any personal data that is not provided on our website you may send us a request at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Within 30 days after receiving the request, we will tell you when we expect to provide you with the personal data, and whether we require any fee for providing it to you.
- Removal of your personal data
If you wish us to remove personal data from our website, you may contact us at email@example.com.We will answer your request within a reasonable time frame but no later than 30 days. This may limit the service we can provide to you.
- Your other rights
In addition to your rights of access and removal of personal data, you also have the right to ask us to:
- Rectify inaccurate personal data that we hold about you;
- Restrict the processing of your personal data;
- Provide you with a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and move that personal data to another processor;
- Stop processing your personal data;
- Withdraw your consent, if you have provided one; or
- Process your complaint regarding our processing of your personal data.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights, please contact us by using our contact at firstname.lastname@example.org to explain in detail your request. We will answer your request within a reasonable time frame but no later than 30 days.
- Verification of your information
When we receive any request to access, edit, delete, or otherwise manage your personal data, we shall first take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or otherwise taking any action. This is important to safeguard you.
- Use of the website by children
- We do not sell products or provide services for purchase by children, nor do we market to children.
- If you are under 18, you may use our website only with consent from a parent or guardian.
- Certain materials on our website are not suitable for persons aged under 15 years of age.
- We collect data about all users of and visitors to these areas regardless of age, and we anticipate that some of those users and visitors will be children.
- Such child users and visitors will inevitably visit other parts of the website and will be subject to whatever on-site marketing they find, wherever they visit.
- Encryption of data sent between us
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates to verify our identity to your browser and to encrypt any data you give us. Whenever information is transferred between us, you can check that it is done so using SSL by looking for a closed padlock symbol or other trust mark in your browser’s URL bar or toolbar.
- How you can complain
- If a dispute is not settled then we hope you will agree to attempt to resolve it by engaging in good faith with us in a process of mediation or arbitration.
- If you are in any way dissatisfied about how we process your personal data, you have a right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority (in the UK, it is the Information Commissioner’s Office;https://ico.org.uk/concerns/).
- Retention period for personal data
Except as otherwise mentioned in this privacy notice, we keep your personal data only for as long as required by us:
- To provide you with the services you have requested;
- To comply with other law, including for the period demanded by our tax authorities; and
- To support a claim or defence in court.
- Review of this privacy notice
We may update this privacy notice from time to time as necessary. If we have your email address, we will send you a notice about the latest amendments. The terms that apply to you are those posted here on our website on the day you use our website. We advise you to print a copy for your records.
- Contact us
Our contact form: https://oakwoodsoutlet.co.uk/contact-us/
Our email address: email@example.com
Our postal address: Oakwoods International ltd. Unit 205, Albyn Works, Burton Road, Sheffield, S3 8BZ, the United Kingdom
Last amendment: 29 April 2021