Osmo Polyx Oil Clear is an interior wood finish that protects wood flooring, furniture and other internal woodwork. Polyx Oil is a Hardwax oil produced from a blend of natural oils and waxes which bring out the natural character of the timber and accentuates the wood grain with a beautiful finish.
It hardens off the top layer of the wood providing a durable and hard wearing breathable finish that will not flake, peel, crack or blister. It dries in around 10 hours, is resistant to water and dirt and covers an impressive 24m2 per litre. It is also safe for humans, animals and on children’s toys once dry.
A 2.5L tin will cover approx. 30m2 in 2 coats. Osmo Polyx Oil is the Original Hardwax Oil, the choice of the professional. Perfect for all internal timber, cork floors, OSB and terracotta/unglazed tiles.
Application is easy. Simply apply a thin coat with the Osmo Floor Brush or Microfibre roller. The Hardwax oil hardens the top surface of the wood, but with a nourished, not dry, surface texture. The finish allows the wood to breathe and for moisture to escape reducing shrink & swell.
- Clear oils can darken the appearance of the wood. To retain the light character of oak please use Osmo Polyx®-Oil 3044 Raw.
- Some woods are highly porous and require an especially thin application, as a result the drying time can be increased.
- Application of second coat can be done as soon as the first coat has dried. However, it is important to wait approx. 24hrs when applying colour for the first coat, before applying Polyx®-Oil as the top coat. Please note: When applying a white colour as the first coat, we recommend using Polyx®-Oil Tints 3040 White as the top coat to avoid the risk of yellowing.
- Recommended application is 35ml/m²
- For exotic hardwood species use Osmo Wood Wax Finish Extra Thin.
- A base coat of Osmo Wood Protector is recommended for use in bathrooms or kitchens.
- Multi-purpose cleaners such as washing up liquids and detergents are highly detrimental to the finished surface and is not recommended to be used as discolouration or staining may be possible.
- Other household cleaning products such as vanish, bleach, baking soda etc. are likely to cause severe discolouration or staining.
- Be cautious if applying 3062 Clear Matt over a dark coloured surface. The matting agents within 3062 may produce a white mist or powdery effect upon the surface. It is recommended to apply 3065 Semi-Matt if a sheen is not desired. Always trial apply!
Does Osmo Polyx Oil Darken Wood?
Clear oils like Osmo Polyx can darken the appearance of the wood and introduce a golden colour/tint. If you are looking for a more ‘invisible finish’ try Osmo Polyx Oil 3044 Raw.
What is Osmo Polyx Oil?
Osmo Polyx Oil is a high-quality wood finish suitable for a huge range of applications providing a hard-wearing, tough and beautiful finish. It’s regarded by many as the best in the industry.
How long does Osmo Polyx Oil take to dry?
Polyx Oil takes 8-10 hours to dry, but the curing process isn’t fully complete until around 10-14 days later. It’s advised to not lay mats or rugs on the floor during this time and try to keep foot traffic low as the floor won’t be at it’s toughest until after the curing period.
How do you apply Osmo Oil?
It’s important to apply the oil thinly and evenly along the wood grain with either a brush or microfibre roller. Ensure good ventilation while drying. Apply a second coat in the same fashion once the first is dry. If applying a colour coat first, wait at least 24 hours before applying the clear oil.
Gloss (3011), Matt (3062), Satin (3032), Semi-Matt (3065)
375ml, 750ml, 2.5L, 10L, 25L
24m2 per litre (one coat)
3011B, 3011C, 3011D, 3011E, 3032B, 3032C, 3032D, 3032E, 3032F, 3062B, 3062C, 3062D, 3062E, 3062F, 3065B, 3065C, 3065D, 3065E, 3065F
4006850813445, 4006850814039, 4006850814282, 4006850814350, 4006850814503, 4006850816538, 4006850816583, 4006850816699, 4006850816798, 4006850820306, 4006850820368, 4006850820450, 4006850827725, 4006850827749, 4006850862368, 4006850878529, 4006850878598, 4006850884162, 4006850897414