Osmo Oil Stain is a quick curing oil finish designed for floor finish professionals. A single application of colour stain will create a beautiful transparent finish, showing off the natural grain and character of the timber. Alternatively apply a second coat of Osmo oil stain, for a more intensive, rich colour tone.
Whether a single or a double coat is applied it is always recommended to finish with a top coat of Osmo Polyx Oil Clear. This is to protect the pigmented colour from wearing away in higher footfall areas such as in doorways or natural corridor routes.
Osmo also provide a compatible Oil stain hardener as an option to reduce the drying time down from 12 hours to 4 hours. It has the added benefit of a quicker curing time, too.
OSMO OIL STAIN COLOURS
Osmo Oil Stain is available in the following colour options:
- 3501 White
- 3512 Silver Grey
- 3514 Graphite
- 3516 Jatoba
- 3518 Light Grey
- 3519 Natural
- 3541 Havanna
- 3543 Cognac
- 3564 Tabac
- 3590 Black
ADVANTAGES OF OSMO OIL STAIN
The key advantages of Osmo Oil Stain is the option of a hardener that reduces drying time to 4 hours and a reduced curing time too. This is particularly useful for the commercial applications that this range is designed for. Suited to all wood species with the exception of exotic timbers, the finish is highly durable and resistant to water, juice, tea, coffee, wine etc. There is no need to sand the floor before future applications of oil or when doing spot repairs to the floor.
- Especially fast drying and curing
- Extremely durable and hardwearing
- Very water and dirt resistant
- Attractive colour tones, transparent or intensive
- Specifically for commercial use
- Suitable for all woods including exotic woods
- Resistant to common liquid spillages such as water, juice, tea, cola and wine
- Saliva-resistant and sweatproof, suitable for children’s toys
- Microporous, breathable finish which does not crack, peel or flake
- No sanding necessary for spot repairs or future applications
- Over application and/or low ventilation can also increase the drying times.
- Apply one coat for a transparent colour tone, or apply a second coat for an intensive colour tone to show less of the grain.
- A top coat of Osmo Polyx®-Oil 2K is always required.
- If you prefer the look of untreated wood or to retain the light character of the wood please use Osmo Polyx®-Oil 3044 Raw.
- Osmo Oil Stain can be used to colour Osmo Spray-Wax. Simply add up to 30% content into Spray-Wax can and stir thoroughly.
- Multi-purpose cleaners such as washing up liquids and detergents are highly detrimental to the finished surface and is not recommended to be used as discolouration or staining may be possible.
- Other household cleaning products such as vanish, bleach, baking soda etc. are likely to cause severe discolouration or staining.
- Be cautious if applying 3062 Clear Matt over a dark coloured surface such as 3590 Black. The matting agents within 3062 may produce a white mist or powdery effect upon the surface. It is recommended to apply 3065 Semi-Matt if a sheen is not desired. Always trial apply!
Black (3590), Cognac (3543), Graphite (3514), Hardener (6631), Havanna (3541), Jatoba (3516), Light Grey (3518), Natural (3519), Silver Grey (3512), Tabac (3564), White (3501)
500ml, 60ml, 1L, 2.5L
24m2 per litre (one coat)
3501, 3501D, 3501G, 3512, 3512D, 3512G, 3514, 3514D, 3514G, 3516, 3516D, 3516G, 3518, 3518D, 3518G, 3519, 3519D, 3519G, 3541, 3541D, 3541G, 3543, 3543D, 3543G, 3564, 3564D, 3564G, 3590, 3590D, 3590G, 6631H
4006850849710, 4006850849772, 4006850849840, 4006850849932, 4006850850006, 4006850850099, 4006850850167, 4006850850259, 4006850850327, 4006850850419, 4006850850488, 4006850850570, 4006850850648, 4006850850716, 4006850850808, 4006850850891, 4006850850969, 4006850851058, 4006850851126, 4006850851218, 4006850851287